What is detoxification?
Many people don’t really realize this or havent thought about it, but we live in a very toxic world. What many people also do not realize is that the toxins we are exposed too can have a very serious, sometimes life threatening effect upon ones health. Did you know that the average person is exposed to more than 200 toxic (disease causing) substances before even leaving for work in the morning. Lets see some examples of this: 1. You may wake up in the morning and drink a glass of tap water. You have just exposed yourself to literally hundreds of toxins including chlorine, floride and many others. Next, you shower and use body soap, shampoo and conditioner. I can even pronounce the names of some of the substances in these products. What are most of these ingredients? Toxins. The worst part is that they are absorbed through the skin, bypassing the bodies filters and can go through the blood directly to the brain. 3. Next, you brush your teeth. Toxins. I thin you are starting to get the idea. Some people at this point may say, “Hey, what products do I use then?” I can guide you through the whole process of healthy living and minimizing your exposures to toxins. These toxins were never meant to be handled by the body as they are in our world today. The body has some pretty miraculous mechanisms for getting rid of toxins, however thay can and do become overloaded. Did you know that the majority of toxins found in the body are in the fatty parts of the body?
Detoxification is a way of using the bodies own natural wisdom to help it get rid of those substances which many be causing harm to health.
Is there only one way to detoxify?
No, in fact, many ways exist that are beneficial and helpful to bring about this in the body. Some methods, ways and products are more helpful than others, which is where working with a holistic health practitioner can help you use what is more effective based upon experience.
How important is detoxification for things like weight loss to chronic health problems?
It is critical. Many people go on one diet after another only to gain that weight back shortly after stopping the diet. We advocate a 100% healthy approach to living free of toxins. What many don’t realize is that since toxins are stored in the fat of the body, dieting many times does not work to help remove toxins. Once toxins are removed, weight often times normalizes and is not gained back. In the case of chronic problems, detoxifying is the most critical things to do. Toxins are the cause of many health issues, and by getting rid of these toxins, the body can begin to heal itself. We guide out clients through a detoxification program every step of the way. Once health is regained it is important to detoxify at least one time per year.
Is detoxifying difficult?
What good thing in life is easy? I will be very honestly with you. The first time I jumped into a detoxification program, I had to quit after 4 days. I was experiencing many healing reaction symptoms from headaches, to body aches, lethargy and nausea. Keep reading. However, I made more significant changes in my lifestyle and within 2 month I tried again and I had no problem at all. After the 1st four days, I began to feel amazing, as my body was finally getting clean for the first time. I have seen miraculous, life changing and powerful results from detoxifying and recommend it for everyone yound and old.
Are you curious as to whether you need to detoxify?
Here is a list of list of 45 simple statements that you can either answer Yes or No too. Keep track of your responses and see how you did below.
1. I have taken antibiotics in my life.
2. I have gotten vaccines.
3. I have taken in my life aspirin, or Tylenol, or ibuprofen, or other over-the-counter pain medication.
4. I shower and/or bathe in regular tap water.
5. I drink water out of the tap.
6. I have been in a swimming pool where chlorine was used.
7. I use a cellular telephone without any electromagnetic chaos protection.
8. I use a laptop computer with a wireless device.
9. I watch TV.
10. I own and watch a high-definition television.
11. I use a wireless telephone in my house.
12. I use a remote control for my television or other electronic appliances.
13. I have a satellite television.
14. I drive in a car every day.
15. I drive in heavy traffic.
16. I use hair dyes.
17. I use fingernail polish.
18. I use makeup and cosmetics.
19. I use moisturizers, body lotions, and sunscreens on my skin.
20. I use air fresheners in my house.
21. I use bug spray in my house.
22. I use standard cleaning products in my house.
23. I use standard soap and detergent for my skin and my clothes.
24. I use toothpaste with fluoride.
25. I eat in fast-food restaurants at least once a month.
26. I eat in restaurants at least once a month.
27. I eat products produced by large publicly traded corporations.
28. I buy brand-name food products that are heavily advertised on TV.
29. I eat food that is not certified 100-percent organic.
30. I eat beef, lamb, poultry, eggs, and dairy products that are not certified 100-percent organic.
31. I eat pork and shellfish.
32. I use artificial sweeteners such as NutraSweet or Splenda.
33. I drink sodas at least several times a week.
34. I drink diet sodas at least several times a week.
35. I have less than two large bowel movements everyday.
36. I have taken over-the-counter nonprescription drugs that I purchased at a drug store in my life.
37. I have taken prescription drugs in the last five years.
38. I use nonstick pans to cook with.
39. I use deodorant and antiperspirant
40. I do not drink eight glasses of purified water every day.
41. I have never had a colonic or enema.
42. I live near high tension power lines.
43. I live within a few miles of a manufacturing plant of some kind.
44. I live within 100 miles of an agricultural area where produce is grown.
45. I live within 100 miles of ranches where livestock, cattle, chickens, or other animals are raised.
If you answered Yes to more than 30 of the above, than detoxifying should be done immediately.
If you answered Yes to more than 20 of the above, than detoxifying is highly recommended.
If you answered Yes to more than 10 of above, a regular detox 1 time per year is recommended.
*List taken from Kevin Trudeau’s “Natural Cures”