I have been burned lobster red (as seen here) before and in less than 2 days been completely back to normal. You can arm yourself with this knowledge as well with these unknown nutritional secrets.
I am definitely not advocating for you to go out there and get burned on purpose, but if you do get burned you can try it out. I wouldn’t have believed it myself unless I tried it first.
I personally never wear sunscreen. Sunlight is so healing and I want my skin to be exposed. I either use the information I am going to share with you below to heal from a burn or I make sure I am not under the sun for long periods of time, so that I don’t get burned. I also do not believe the sun is the direct cause of skin cancer. Widespread nutritional deficiencies and the hundreds (if not thousands) of heavy metals and chemicals we are exposed to contribute the most to skin cancer. When your liver gets tired of having to filter out all the toxins we are exposed to and with no resources to defend itself (nutritional deficiencies), skin cancer is allowed to grow.
Most of the sunscreen in our world today contains toxins that contribute to skin cancer. Avoid them completely. Oxybenzone, aluminum, Retinyl Palmate, endocrine disruptors, mineral oil (petroleum), synthetic fragrances, and nanoparticles are just a few of the chemicals that go into sunscreens. They are awful for your health. Our skin soaks up these chemicals and then your liver has to process them. They are not natural and do harm to the body.
So here is what to do instead.
- First, if you do need to protect yourself with sunscreen use an organic one such as Beaver and Beaver for kids, and Beaver for babies.
- In order for calcium to get picked up from the gut and be placed into the blood, vitamin D needs to be present. Many people don’t get into the sun regularly like our ancestors did and are very deficient in vitamin D. Try to get 15 minutes of exposure to the sun everyday if you are able. Your body begins to make it with sun exposure, but in the meantime, make sure you supplement with it if you are not in the sun regularly. One capsule per day of Pure Encapsulations Vitamin D is good.
- Calcium is one of the coldest minerals. It is found in many of the herbs that are in the most cooling herbal formulas in Chinese Medicine. Most people are deficient in calcium as well. Milk and dairy products are not where we should be getting calcium from. Dairy products are very toxic and create health problems. You need co factors for calcium to be absorbed properly. We should be getting calcium from leafy greens, oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes, vegetables, nuts and seeds. I take a lot powdered calcium when I get burned knowing that this can cool my skin down. Here is the calcium powder I recommend.
- Once calcium has been picked up from the gut and is in the blood, it needs omega 3 fatty acids in order to get pushed into your tissues or skin cells. Good sources of plant omega 3’s come from flax seed, chia seed, hemp seed, walnuts, and green leafy veggies. I regularly consume 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 tablespoon of golden flax seeds every day to get my omega 3’s. Chia is also a great source of calcium and magnesium.
- If I need to use a topical ointment, I use USF ointment from Standard Process, which contains omegas and is great for burns and other chronic skin issues. You can also try this Aloe Vera for soothing the skin.
If you get enough absorbable calcium and omega 3’s into your system immediately after getting burned, these things will powerfully cool your skin down. How absorbable the calcium is that you get will be can be influenced by your overall gut health.
Here is my recommendation if you get burned:
- Take 1 tablespoon of calcium powder immediately after getting burned. You can take 1 -2 teaspoons more during the day if you wish. Just take with water or juice. Do this for 2-3 days.
- Take 2-4 capsules per day of plant omega 3’s for 2 or 3 days after getting burned.
- Repeat this for 2 or 3 days or more until the burn goes away.
- CBD oil can be helpful for the pain of a sun burn as well.
- Apple Cider Vinegar has also been found to useful when applied topically.
- Add 5 drops of lavender essential oil and 5 drops of peppermint essential oil to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and apply topically to soothe skin.
With the application of topical items combined with calcium and omega 3’s to cool down the skin, you can powerfully heal a sun burn fast. Make sure you purchase these items ahead of time, so that when get more sun that you wanted you can put this into effect immediately. I especially take this with me on vacation to sunny places. If you have chronic skin issues such as acne, eczema and dermatitis, you can take these supplements long term to see a reduction in skin issues. When combined with food therapy and other healing supplements the healing can be even more powerful. Chronic skin issues in Chinese medicine are the result of “heat” and need cold things to balance what is showing up on the skin. Most people don’t get enough plant sources of calcium or omega 3’s, so it is critical to get these when you have skin issues. Take them for 3-6 months and see what kind of a difference they make.