First and foremost, you can expect things to be relaxed, fun and informative. Taking fear and anxiety out of the typical visit to a doctor is something that is very important to Dr. Scott. In order to know the most about your life and health, we do a 2 hour orientation with everyone that we see in the clinic for the first time. Dr. Scott is huge on not only making sure we address your immediate health concerns but also putting a plan into place that will keep you healthy and symptom free for the rest of your life.
We typically break the orientation up into two – 1 hour sessions. The first 1 hour session is just about getting to know you and performing some very simple tests. Here is a list of the things that are done during a typical first visit. This initial orientation is a critical part of setting the foundation for understanding how healing occurs.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD NEW PATIENT PAPERWORK HERE: Triune Wellness Paperwork
– We will go over a thorough and detailed health history (20-30 minutes). Even though you fill out paperwork, more questions may be asked for further clarification into your specific issues.
– Intuitive testing (applied kinesiology or muscle testing). Using the Nutrition Response Testing format, you will be tested for the weakest organs, glands or parts of the body that need the most physical healing and what organic whole food supplements can help those parts of the body to best heal. You body is also tested for heavy metals, chemicals, food sensitivities, pathogens or scars that may be causing confusion in your nervous system. If a full detox is needed, it may be suggested.
– Pulse diagnosis. In Chinese medicine, we feel three positions on your pulse. We also feel the pulse at three different depths. We are not so much feeling for the rate of your pulse (as in Western medicine) but instead the specific quality of your pulse. Each position of the pulse tells about very different and specific parts of the body. Your pulse may be choppy, slippery, weak, deep, thin, slow, fast, knotted, intermittent, thready, etc… Over 28 different pulse qualities exist in traditional Chinese medicine. Each quality tells us what is going on inside of all your organs and glands.
– Tongue diagnosis. Each part of the tongue corresponds to a different organs. Tip – heart and lungs. Middle – stomach and spleen/pancreas. Sides – Liver and gallbladder. Back – kidneys and lower intestines. We are looking for color, shape, texture, and other factors that give us very detailed information about the pattern that we need to treat in order to get you well.
-Treatment – Acupuncture is performed
– The cost for this initial 2 hour consultation is $200 USD, which is due in full at the end of the first 1 hour. If it is a distance session being done on Skype or over the phone, payment can be made with a credit card.
*There is a 24 hour rescheduling/cancellation policy. You are encouraged to put in a 48 hour (2 day) reminder in your phone so that you can have adequate time to reschedule or cancel. Rescheduling or cancelling that is done within 24 hours will be subject to the full cost of the session ($85).
– We will go over a detailed report discussing what was found in the testing (20-30 minutes). The focus of this report is mostly on physical healing. You are encouraged to ask many questions. Other resources will be presented here that will greatly aid you in the healing process.
– Diet and healthy eating. Many people have questions about diet and what is best for them. While this may not be the focus of healing in future sessions, it will be discussed because it is an integral part of the healing process. If this is a priority for you, please let me know and we can spend more time in this area. If this is something you feel you have a good handle on, we can move on to the other aspects of healing.
– Acupuncture treatment.
We will put a plan into place that will set you on the pathway towards healing. This plan will be discussed in detail so that you will know exactly what to expect moving forward.
*There is a 24 hour rescheduling/cancellation policy. You are encouraged to put in a 48 hour (2 day) reminder in your phone so that you can have adequate time to reschedule or cancel. Rescheduling or cancelling that is done within 24 hours will be subject to the full cost of an hour session ($85).